Friday, September 25, 2009

Cover Art - "Death's Excellent Vacation" edited by Toni L.P. Kelner & Charlaine Harris

The cover for Death's Excellent Vacation, an anthology edited by Toni L.P. Kelner & Charlaine Harris has been released on Lilith Saintcrow's website. The book releases in August of 2010. The list o contributors includes Charlaine Harris, Toni L.P. Kelner, Jeff Abbott, L.A. Banks, Jeaniene Frost, Christoper Golden, Chris Grabenstein, Katie MacAlister, A. Lee Martinez, Sharan Newman, Lilith Saintcrow, Sarah Smith and Daniel Stashower.

What we know so far (some quotes courtesy of Dallas at Loving True Blood in Dallas) -

Jeff Abbott says -
"no never wrote a horror novel but I will have a supernatural story out in an anthology Charlaine Harris and Toni Kelner are doing next year called Death's Excellent Vacation"
Jeaniene Frost says -
One For the Money, a Cat and Bones short story in the DEATH'S EXCELLENT VACATION anthology, comes out August 2010. The short story is set after the events of DFAEG.
Chrstopher Golden says -
My story in DEV is...weird. It's called "Thin Walls" and resounds with sex and death. It starts with a lonely widower in a hotel room, forced to listen to the raucous sex going on in the room next door, and gets unsettling from there.
Chris Grabenstein says -
"I'm excited to report that my short story 'The Demon in the Dunes' will be in Death's Excellent Vacation anthology"
Toni L.P. Kelner says -
"This past couple of weeks I've been working on a short story for Death's Excellent Vacation, the next anthology Charlaine and I are editing. The anthology is all about supernatural beings on vacation, kind of an urban fantasy beach book. And even before we decided to do this anthology, I'd had this character in mind to write a short story about: "Pirate Dave." Read Toni's post on the writing of" Pirate Dave's Haunted Amusement Park"
Katie MacAlister has short story entitled:'The Perils of Effrijim' featuring the demon Jim from the Dragon books.

Sharan Newman says -
I'm one of the "and others" but the others are so accomplished that I"m happy to be among them.  It was fun to write fantasy again.  My story is about a group of American leprechans at a family reunion in Ireland.
 Lilith Saintcrow says -
My story, The Heart Is Always Right, focuses on a gargoyle who wants to visit Fiji.

Sarah Smith will also have a story about Superman and the Eight Immortals, "The Boys Go Fishing"

7 comments:

1. I love the cover, the tail sticking out is so cute.

ReplyDelete
  2. The Tail, I noticed that also. Cute. Kind of a visual pun. A tail on a cover for a book of tales.( maybe I'm reaching.) If it has stories by Charlaine Harris and Lilith Saintcrow, then I would love to have this book. Bonus with a story by Jeaniene Frost.

ReplyDelete
  3. Great group of authors here, the cover is cute.

ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon I didn't notice until you pointed it out. Love the covers in this anthology series.

Mardel I have enjoyed both of their earlier anthologies. This is sure to be fun.

I agree Sheila. Wolfsbane & Mistletoe was really twisted :)

elnice two pluses for sure.

ReplyDelete
  5. Just thought I'd let you know that the cover art has been changed. The new version is up on my blog (the unimaginatively named http://tonikelner.wordpress.com/). If you want to post it here, I'll be glad to e-mail the jpeg to you.

And thanks for your kind words about the anthologies! Charlaine and I are so glad you've been enjoying them.

ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Toni thanks for the update. I'll be sure to post the revised cover tomorrow. I saw the rationale for the change and it struck me as overthinking but heh I'm a guy and I would have bought it. In fact using the grim reaper is almost too obvious. Still a great cover though.

ReplyDelete

For bloggers comments are like water to a man (or woman) wandering in the desert. A precious commodity. I love to hear from everyone and do my best to respond to every post.