Read an Excerpt.
The men on board HMS Terror have every expectation of finding the Northwest Passage. When the expedition's leader, Sir John Franklin, meets a terrible death, Captain Francis Crozier takes command and leads his surviving crewmen on a last, desperate attempt to flee south across the ice. But as another winter approaches, as scurvy and starvation grow more terrible, and as the Terror on the ice stalks them southward, Crozier and his men begin to fear there is no escape. A haunting, gripping story based on actual historical events, The Terror is a novel that will chill you to your core.
The adventure-dark fantasy novel The Terror by Dan Simmons is finally available in paperback and I have 5 copies available for giveaway courtesy of the fine folks at Hachette Book Group.The contest will run until midnight (E.S.T.) on Saturday, February 21. I’ll determine the winners using the Research Randomizer and announce the winners the next day.
- For one chance, leave a comment and tell me the author or title of a book that has terrified you the most.
- For two chances, blog about this giveaway with a link back to this post. Remember to include the link with your comment.
- To enter, you must have either a US or Canada mailing address. (Sorry no P.O. Boxes allowed). Hachette will be sending the winners their books directly.
- Good luck to everyone!
- Winner of the 2007 International Horror Guild Award
- Nominated novel for the 2007 Bram Stoker Awards
- Nominated for 2008 British Fantasy Society Award
- Entertainment Weekly's Top 10 Books of 2007
- USA Today's Top 10 Books
- Stephen King's "Top 10 from My Reading in 2007"
- # 1 on Amazon.com's "2007 Top 10 SF and Horror Novels" list.
AUTHOR AND BOOK SHOWCASEOfficial Dan Simmons Website
Little, Brown & Company
Hyperion and The Fall of Hyperion to Be Filmed as Hyperion CantosVariety reported that a film deal has been signed to have the award-winning SF novels Hyperion and The Fall of Hyperion melded into a single film entitled Hyperion Cantos. Scott Derrickson, the director of the recent The Day the Earth Stood Still is to helm the picture.
For more details checkout the full story on the Variety website.